Alberta Ferretti Does Romantic Venice

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Alberta Ferretti kicked off Milan Fashion Week with a romantic Venice theme.


Ferretti has long been one of my favorite designers.  I am in love with her pretty, romantic dresses and her use of the most sumptuous fabrics.




For her fall 2017 ready-to-wear show she used diaphanous chiffons, rich velvets, and sturdy knits embellished with cascading corsages of feathers, dramatic feathers, and majestic gold lions.



Lending to the Venice feel were Grand Canal printed chiffon, gondolier stripes, and the Piazza San Marco’s lion, as well as long, hooded capes and half masks, giving a Carnival feel.




My favorites were a stunning feathered gown and all of the dramatic capes...I mean, would it be inappropriate for me to show up to work in a sweeping hooded cape a la a heroine in a historical romance?  I think not!


View the entire collection at vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment